Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

My Final Photos

I chose to take this photo because in my photographer research (view here), I wrote about Barbara's photo that had a number of different textures; wood, barbed wire, chain and leaf from a plant. I like my photo because the textures look good against each other and the aperture is on a narrow depth of field.




I think this photo turned out quite well because the colours of the rust look really good against the blue and you can see all the definition in the gaps of the pole. I also took this with a narrow depth of field.




The idea of this photo is that the chains mirror each other and both lead off in to the same direction. Although there isn't a lot of rust in the photo, I liked the little bit that's in focus because it looked different to the patterns of a lot of the other rust I had seen, it's more speckled all along rather then a large area covered in orangey rust.




I loved the different layers of this object which is why I chose to take it from this angle, so that the same shape is repeated across the image, each smaller than the one before it. However, I think I should have focused on the part closest to the camera to make the textures and colours clearer.




I love the colours of this, they're really rich and vibrant but with little patches of rust scattered all along, disappearing in to the distance as it becomes more and more out of focus.











I included a lot of empty space in this photo because I think it makes the chains look more like they're put away and slowly getting more rusty. 





I took a photo of thus hook because it's a really pretty shape that also acts as a lead in line where your eyes follow it along to the middle.






This is a slightly different photo to a lot of my other ones because it's not really close up where you have no idea what the thing in the photo is, it's a medium shot with the same thing being repeated further back in the photo. Again, I thought the shiny silver metal contrasted really well with the vibrant reds and green and brown rust. 












I think this is my favourite of all my photos because it flows nicely, your eyes travels down the chain then along it across the bottom, then round the wheel and back again, almost as if your eyes are the chain as it moves.















This is my photo with the most rust in it so I think I should have used a wider depth of field to emphasise the strong colours and different textures.









This is a grater in one of the houses in Denny Abbey. It took me a while to get this photo right because the room was really dark and I didn't want to use flash so it kept ending up out of focus. In the end I did use flash for this photo but I after editing it on photoshop it grew on me! 









For this photo I held on to the end of the chain and rested my camera on top of it. It was hanging against a wooden barn which brings in the different textures again. I love the tones and colours in the photo; greyish bluey black colours because I think they're quite relaxing and compliment each other well.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment