Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Idea 2 Testshots (2) Editing Steps


For these photos I edited all the photos in the same way so I'm only demonstrating it through 4 pictures rather than recording the same steps for each one.



 The first thing I did was adjust the levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) and move the black and white points to where you can see the hill starts on either side. This was to balance the tones in the photo.




Secondly, I made a faint 'S' shape with the line on curves (Image>Ajustments>Curves) to make the colouring richer and contrast a bit more to stand out better.





On some of the photos, the lighting was very different so I adjusted the colour balance (Image>Adjustments>Colour Balance). Mainly, I moved the point between yellow and blue further towards blue and the point between cyan and red towards cyan as this seemed to give me the most accurate results in comparison to my other photos I was basing it on.









I forgot to take a screenshot of the final step - I used the clone tool to remove marks on the wall behind the flowers by holding down alt and clicking to copy the colour then dragging that colour over the marks.























No comments:

Post a Comment