Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Idea 1 Testshots (2) Editing Steps

Firstly I cropped the photo using the Crop Tool to neaten it and get rid of the unnecessary edges of the photo.



Next, I dragged the magnetic lasso around the red wheel so that I was just editing that part, then I adjusted the curves (Image>Adjustments>Curves) of it to make the colour richer and stand out more.




While the wheel was still selected with the magnetic lasso, I went to (Select>Inverse) so that I was now editing the background and again, adjusted the curves but making it slightly darker compared to the wheel.



Finally, I darkened the corners using the Marquee Tool in the toolbar on the left.














The first thing I did was adjust the curves (Image>Adjustments>Curves) and pull the line to form a faint 'S' shape. 




After that, I increased the vibrance (Image>Adjustments>Vibrance) because I thought it looked a bit flat and dull so I wanted to bring out the colours more. I increased it from 0 to 30.



I then cropped the image using the Crop Tool.




I also used the Marquee Tool to Darken the corners f the photo even thought it didn't really make a difference!












At first, I only trimmed the edges of the photo using the Crop Tool.



I then increased the brightness and the contrast (Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast) because I felt that the photo wasn't colourful enough and it looked too dark and grey.



After that, I decided to crop the image a lot more because when looking at the photo, I got very distracted by the machinery in the background and I thought that may be because there is a big gap between the first metal rod and the second one so I just got rid of the whole left side of the photo.











First of all I adjusted the levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) by moving the black and white points to the edges of the 'hill' to balance the tones.



Next, I adjusted the curves (Image>Adjustments>Curves) in to an 'S' shape



Lastly, I darkened the corners of the photo using the Marquee Tool.












I balanced the black and white tones in the photo by adjusting the levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) 



I made the curves line in to a faint 'S' shape to enhance the definition of the chain and rust and make the colours richer. 



Lastly, as usual I used the Marquee Tool to darken the corners.



No comments:

Post a Comment