Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Idea 1 Failed/Unused Testshots (2)


Although I like this photo because I like the different textures in it and the jagged edges of the metal and wood, I decided not to include it on my main edited photos because I think it lacks rust which means it doesn't really fit in with the rest of my photos.





This photo didn't work for two reasons, I focused on the background when I meant to focus on the wheel and the strap of my camera got in shot without me realising. 





I don't like this photo because I think it's a bit boring and there is too much going on around the focal point. If I had edited it, I would have cropped it but I still don't think it don't think it would be particularly eye catching as the rust is barely visible.





I tried to be clever here and get 3 chains in the same photo and I had an image in my head of what it would look like, however, it didn't turn out as I imagined because the two blue chains were just too far away to make it obvious what I'm photographing. As well as that, the chains aren't even very rusty so also doesn't work with my other photos.





Similarly to the previous photo, I was attempting to be clever and use one of the holes in a wheel to frame the photo. I wanted the the chain running along the middle to be the focal point but it didn't work out because there's too much distracting machinery around it. Maybe I should have gotten closer to the hole so that the chain was more obvious and the frame took up less room in the photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment