Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Idea 1 Photographer Research - Barbara Heide

Barbara Heide









I think this is a great photo, even though it is a simple photo to take because the colours and the textures are really clear and I like the way the colour stretches nearly all the way across the image but it's not all in focus. If I were to take a photo like this, I would put the aperture setting on my camera on a narrow depth of field to achieve only one area in focus.



I was drawn to this photo because I noticed lots of shapes within it which in my opinion add a lot of depth and makes it more interesting. 



The cogs and chains in this photo caught my attention because they represent machinery and industrial metal. I like the angle Barbara took the photo from because it makes my eyes travel from the cog in the foreground,  follow the chain through the middleground until they reach the cog in the background. 




  
This is a really nice photo,  I like the repetitiveness of shapes that gradually fade in to the distance and how the lighting is almost like a spotlight You can also see how thick the dust is on the surface which adds to the aged effect.












I think this photo is really pretty because the different overlapping shapes add layers and depth to it, made better by the thick bright orangy-red rust covering it. There are two contrasting colours and textures here; the richness and intense colours of the rust against the shiny silvery patches underneath and the the rough, dotted, worn rustiness against the smooth, plain silver. 




I love the different materials and textures within this photo; the rough, bark of the tree, the solid, metal links of the chain, the tight, shiny barbed wire and the light feathery plant.  






No comments:

Post a Comment