Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Idea 3 Testshots

I searched the internet for deserted and ruined buildings I could go to to take my photos in. I found a photographer called _____________  who blogged lots of photos of a derelict building so I emailed him asking where the building was and if it was possible for me to get in and take photos of my own but I didn't receive a reply. Other places I found were wither not open to the public or very far away. Taking this in to account,  I started thinking about other ways to create a rotting or distressed effect. Instead of taking the photos in an abandoned building I just took them against a plain wall in my house and photoshopped it afterwards.






This is the first version of my edited photo. I got my sister to stand against a plain blue wall and hold two pieces of white A3 paper over her body. I then edited it in photoshop to make the card and the background the same colour. I like this version because I think the colours look good together.






I also wanted to see if the photo would look better in black and white but personally, I don't like it as much because I feel like the photo is much flatter and the colours don't blend as well as it does in colour. 





This is the final version of the photo. I like this one the most because it relates more to my original idea of rotting textures. Also, I think the paper she's holding blends more effectively with and gives the impression that they are attached to the wall.





My intention with these photos was to demonstrate insecurity by showing that the girl just wants to blend in to the background and be invisible to people. I expanded on my idea by exploring different methods of editing the same image, some more powerful than the others. I think I achieved this but I should have used better lighting because her legs appeared much darker than the rest of her body which is particularly noticeable in the black and white version of the picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment