Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Final Photos Editing Steps



1.


Firstly, I made the image bigger (Image>Adjustments>Image Size) to make editing easier and so that I could see what I was doing more clearly.





Next, I adjusted the levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) and moved the black point and white point to each side of where the hill starts.




After that, I cropped the image using the crop tool to get rid of the edges that aren't needed in the photo and are distracting from the focal point.



I felt that the fence and barbed wire didn't stand out enough in the photo and the brightness and colours were a bit flat so I used the magnetic lasso and dragged it around the area, then adjusted the curves (Image>Adjustments>Curves) in to an 'S' shape. 





Finally, I selected the whole photo using the marquee tool on 300pixels so that the line would curve round the corners. I then clicked inverse (Select>Inverse) so that only he corners were selected then also darkened them using curves.








2.


The first thing I did on my second photo was crop it because I thought there was too much pointless background.



Next, I moved the black point on levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) to the the point at which the hill starts. I didn't need to move the white point as it was already in the right place on the other side.




I then changed the curves of the photo to make the colours richer and more eye catching. I found that I only had to move the line slightly to achieve a richer but still natural effect.




Lastly, I used the marquee tool in the same way as I did with the previous photo to darken the corners. 









3.   
  
On this photo, the first thing I did was adjust the line on curves to a faint 'S' shape.





The second and last thing I did to this photo was use the marquee tool to darken the corners.








4.


After editing the levels, curves and using the marquee tool, I used the magnetic lasso to select the metal object then inverse (Select>Inverse) so that the area around it was selected, then I increased the blurriness of the area (Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur) to 18.2 pixels. 






5.



I cropped and adjusted the curves of this image then adjusted the vibrance (Image>Adjustments>Vibrance) because I thought the photo looked too dull and flat as the colours weren't very rich. I increased the vibrance to




I also darkened the corners with the marquee tool to give the photo more depth and create a slight contrast in brightness.











On every photo, I adjusted the levels, curves and used the marquee tool but on a couple, I increased the vibrance and increased the blurriness of an area in one of the photos.
































No comments:

Post a Comment