Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Decisions...

 Now that I've done secondary research, test shots and photographer research for all three of my ideas, I've come to the conclusion that my strongest ideas of the the three are idea 1(rust) and idea 2 (decay and withering). I think this because I will be able to produce better quality work for them whereas idea 3 (forces of society) is quite hard to photograph it well because to achieve a high grade I would need a real setting such an abandoned building or site and it's very hard to find one nearby that I would be allowed into, let alone take photos as they're often private property and would most likely involve me having to move things around possibly resulting in damage. However, I think my third idea is the best in the sense that it's quite thought provoking.

         In order to be sure of my decision, I am going to do more test shots for ideas 1 and 2 to see if I encounter any problems that could affect my final work. If this is the case, I may also do another set of test shots for my third idea. 
       

         Planning for idea 1 test shots:

  • Setting         - scrapyard - old, crushed cars and car parts

                     - dump - household appliances, bikes, different                           materials
                           - Denny Abbey - ploughs, chains, wheels, tools

                           - farms - tractors, ploughs, barns 


  • camera    - different angle - low, high, close up

                      - aperture - narrow depth of field - small are in focus
                                     - wide depth of field - whole image in focus
  • lighting - natural light, daytime, sunshine/rain = nice effect







        Planning for idea 2 test shots: 

  • object  -   bunch of withering flowers in clear glass vase


  • setting - on desk in front of plain wall, next to window for light


  • spray chemical on them to make them die faster.


  • time   -   every 3 hours?


  • lighting   -   natural light through window


  • camera   -   on tripod
                     - exactly some position for each photo
                     - flowers + vase take up whole shot
                     - portrait, not landscape


                      


































No comments:

Post a Comment